Stapleton Avenue, Speke, Liverpool 24
Church built in the 1980s, of no special interest.
A modern church built in the 1980s by the Liverpool architect Jonathan Prichard, to replace a large church built in 1955 from designs by J. C. Prestwich & Son, which formed part of the development of Speke as a mid- twentieth century industrial suburb. The earlier presbytery and parish centre remain.
The church is a low brick structure with a concrete tiled pyramidal roof. Facing the road, and on the opposite side are projecting chapels, faced in render. Inside the simple interior, the altar is placed centrally. The chapels have small panels of stained glass of bold colouring set in concrete frames, and the marble font has incised wavy lines in the manner of F. X. Velarde (possibly from the previous church).
Architect: Jonathan Prichard
Original Date: 1980
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed