Raikes Road, Thornton, Cleveleys FY5 5LS.
Post-Vatican II structure, not of special architectural or historical interest.
Nicholas Owen, known also as ‘Little John’, was a skilled creator of priest holes, and for this was tortured and martyred in the Tower of London in 1606 (after the discovery of the Gunpowder Plot). He was canonised in 1970. The church named in his honour was built in 1974. It is a functional design by James Rawlinson and Ian Clayton of Fleetwood, the small spirelet on the ridge the only external hint that it might be a place of worship. Interior not inspected.
Architect: James Rawlinson and Ian Clayton
Original Date: 1974
Conservation Area: No
Listed Grade: Not Listed