Lake Road, Windermere LA23 2EQ
The church replaces an earlier church of 1883. The foundation stone was laid on 9 September 1962 by Rt Reverend BC Foley, Bishop of Lancaster. The foundation stone was taken from the thirteenth century Chapel of Our Lady on Ladyholme.
The church faces east-west, overlooking Lake Road, the main road south from Windermere village. The church is a short distance east of Lake Windermere.
The church is essentially a series of spaces arranged around a central, pyramidal- roofed and top-lit tower. The exterior is clad in ashlar stone and slate, and the roofs in copper.
Inside, the sanctuary is located below the tower (which has a continuous range of stained glass windows at clerestory level), and is surrounded by an almost semi- circular segment of seating space for the congregation.
The presbytery (attached by a link to the north side of the church) appears to be contemporary with the church. It has been modernised with new windows.
Architect: Not established
Original Date: 1962
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed