St Luke’s Road, Old Windsor, Berks
This is a simple, functional building put up at low cost and having no heritage significance other than bearing witness to post-war Catholic worship in this place.
The church has a low brick plinth, hardwood-clad walls and a pitched roof of artificial slate. The windows are timber framed. At the west end is a narthex/porch under its own gabled roof (lower than the main body) and at the east end a sacristy. The centre part of the worship area has a continuous, four-bay run of windows.
The interior is characterised by the prominent timber trusses of the frame and the overarching roof. It is seated with chairs and has a plain modern altar.
Architect: Lanner Builders Ltd of Wakefield
Original Date: 1956
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed