Woodford Lane, Winsford, Cheshire CW7
A large functional building of the 1970s, not of special architectural or historic interest.
A stable was converted to a church in 1951 and this was replaced by a converted Methodist chapel in 1973. By this time the population had expanded and further expansion was expected, though it did not increase as much as predicted. The new church and parish centre was built in 1976-77.
The building takes the form of a church with ancillary facilities clustered around it and an attached hall which can be thrown together with the worship area. The entrance is angled and reached via a flight of steps. The clerestory of the church rises above, with the large hall to one side. Materials are dark cladding and pale brown brick. The main entrance leads to the narthex, where there are toilets etc. The church is of exposed brick lit by clerestory strips and a vertical slit window to one side of the altar. This and the font are also of brick and seating is provided by movable chairs. The attached hall is very simply appointed.
Architect: Not established
Original Date: 1977
Conservation Area: Yes
Listed Grade: Not Listed