Middlesbrough

The Diocese of Middlesbrough has 93 churches (as of 2008). The cathedral is in Coulby Newham, Middlesbrough, and is dedicated to St Mary. The Diocese of Middlesbrough was founded on 20 December 1878 out of the Diocese of Beverley. It consists of the boroughs of Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland, Stockton on Tees (south of the river), the cities of Kingston upon Hull and York, East Yorkshire and most of North Yorkshire.

York (Acomb) – Our Lady

A post-war suburban church in brick Basilican style, with a handsome interior. The former village of Acomb lies about... Read More

York (Clifton) – St Joseph

A simple design built of rustic brick, with a Westmorland slate roof. The attached brick campanile lends it a certain... Read More

York (Tang Hall) – St Aelred

A post-war church of portal frame construction, serving an interwar housing  estate. The  glazing and reredos are... Read More

1 6 7 8