Cardiff

The Archdiocese of Cardiff was created in 1916 out of the former Diocese of Newport. It has eight deaneries covering Cardiff, the Welsh valleys, Bridgend, Newport, North Gwent and Pontypridd. It also includes the English county of Herefordshire (Hereford deanery). The cathedral is in Cardiff and is dedicated to St David.

Tonypandy – St Gabriel and St Raphael

A plain lancet Gothic design of the 1880s, much altered in 2013. Furnishings of note include an important historic oak... Read More

Tredegar – Immaculate Conception

A simple stone-built Gothic chapel of the 1860s, built to serve the largely Irish immigrant community of this... Read More

Treforest – St Dyfrig

A substantial interwar design in a free basilican style, occupying a position of high townscape prominence close to... Read More

Usk – St David Lewis and St Francis Xavier

A small church of the 1840s by Charles Hansom and a good example of his mentor A. W. N. Pugin’s model of a small... Read More

Weobley – St Thomas of Hereford

The earliest post-Reformation public place of Catholic worship in Herefordshire, built in 1835 by the Monnington... Read More

Ynyshir – St Mary Magdalene

A functional design of 1997, replacing a church of 1929 destroyed by fire. Advantage is taken of the sloping site to... Read More

1 5 6 7