Plymouth

The Diocese of Plymouth has 103 churches (as of 2009). The cathedral is in Plymouth and is dedicated to St Mary and St Boniface. The Diocese of Plymouth was founded on 29 September 1850. It contains the counties of Dorset, Devon and Cornwall, along with the Isles of Scilly. It is a suffragan diocese in Province of Southwark, and is subject to the Archdiocese of Southwark.

Kingskerswell – St Gregory

A thoughtful and functional design of the 1960s, rebuilt in the 1970s. Portal frame construction, externally clad in... Read More

Launceston – St Cuthbert Mayne

A fine and complete early 20th" century church, built in local stone but in an exotic (for Cornwall)... Read More

Liskeard – Our Lady and St Neot

The church is of historic interest as an early post-Emancipation chapel of 1830. It was greatly enlarged in the 1860s... Read More

Looe – Our Lady and St Nicholas

A very simple structure of the 1920s, notable above all as a minor example of the patronage of Amy Imrie (Mother Clare... Read More

Lyme Regis – St Michael and St George

A fine early Gothic Revival church by a noted provincial architect fromBath. Good group of church and attached... Read More

Lynton – Most Holy Saviour

Early 20th" century church by the notable Catholic architect Leonard Stokes, completed by George Drysdale. The... Read More

Marnhull – Our Lady

A modest country church with some good furnishings but important above all for its historic interest as an early... Read More

Mawnan Smith – St Edward

Comparatively large church given its isolated village position, built in 1964 from designs by Waldo Maitland. Similar... Read More

Modbury – St Monica

A small and functional design of the early 1960s. The architectural claims of the building are modest, but the church... Read More

Mullion – St Michael and the Archangel

A very modest structure of the 1920s, extended in the 1930s and 1950s. The most notable external features are the... Read More

Newquay – Most Holy Trinity

Modest stone-built early 20th" century church built by A. J. C. Scoles on land given by the Molesworth family. The... Read More

Newton Abbot – St Joseph

A large town church built in 1915 by the prolific firm of Scoles and Raymond, in their favoured (and by then decidedly... Read More

1 2 3 4 5 6 9