Menevia

Since 1987, the Diocese of Menevia has covered south west and central Wales. The name of the diocese comes from the Roman name for the area around St David’s. The cathedral, dedicated to St Joseph, is in Swansea. The diocese is suffragan to the Archdiocese of Cardiff, within the Province of Cardiff.

Llandovery – Our Lady

A small church, originally built in the 1930s in Gothic style and almost completely rebuilt in a simplified form since... Read More

Llandrindod Wells – Our Lady of Ransom and the Holy Souls

A thoughtful modern design by a well-known firm of church architects, its unusual plan of two naves designed to... Read More

Llanelli – Our Lady Queen of Peace

A large modern (1990s) church designed by a Swansea firm of architects, on the site of an earlier church demolished in... Read More

Milford Haven – St Francis of Assisi

A plain Gothic structure of 1929 built on a loosely cruciform plan. Milford Haven was developed from 1790,... Read More

Narberth – Immaculate Conception

A modest Gothic Revival building of ecclesiastical character but built as a National School from designs by Thomas... Read More

Neath – St Joseph

A 1930s brick building in a simplified Gothic style, by Hallwood of Hyde. The interior is a single broad space whose... Read More

Newcastle Emlyn – Our Lady Queen of Peace

Opened in 1966, this is a simple and effective design by a well-known firm of Catholic church architects, providing... Read More

Pembroke – St Joseph

A small modern church on a centralised plan built in 1970 to the designs of Patrick White, partly to serve a new... Read More

Pembroke Dock – St Mary

Built in 1847 at a time of major Irish immigration to the dockyard in the wake of the Great Famine, St Mary’s is one... Read More

Pontarddulais – St Bride

A fairly small and functional red brick design of 1994, on the site of a previous church. The first church on the... Read More

Pontyberem – Eglwys y Groes (Holy Cross)

A small and utilitarian design of the 1990s, replacing a church of 1966. The church replaced a building of 1966... Read More

Port Talbot – Our Lady of Margam

A thoughtfully-designed modern building by Thomas Price, reflecting the 1970s vogue for multi-purpose worship centres.... Read More

1 2 3 4 5