Menevia

Since 1987, the Diocese of Menevia has covered south west and central Wales. The name of the diocese comes from the Roman name for the area around St David’s. The cathedral, dedicated to St Joseph, is in Swansea. The diocese is suffragan to the Archdiocese of Cardiff, within the Province of Cardiff.

Carmarthen – St Mary

A well-detailed design of the early 1850s by Charles Hansom in the Second Pointed Gothic style, the intended north... Read More

Clydach – St Benedict

A substantial church built in 1915 by the Benedictines to serve the expanding industrial community of Clydach. An... Read More

Cwmavon – St Philip Evans

The church was originally built in 1901 as a small Methodist chapel and was acquired and adapted to serve as a... Read More

Fishguard – Holy Name

A large church of 1920 in a simplified round-arched style. The exterior is unremarkable but the wide interior has a... Read More

Glynneath – St John Kemble

A very modest church and attached parish room, converted from a post-war building used as a café and opened as a... Read More

Gorseinon – Blessed Sacrament

A striking modern church, designed by Robert Robinson and opened in 1967. The design was influenced by the Second... Read More

Haverfordwest – St David and St Patrick

A small Gothic Revival church built in 1872 to the designs of Richard Williams of Carmarthen, making a modest but... Read More

Hay-on-Wye – St Joseph

A small former Methodist chapel in the Gothic style, built in 1872 and purchased and adapted for Catholic use in 1968.... Read More

Kidwelly – Our Lady and St Cadoc

A functional building of the 1970s standing on a large plot. When Fr Owen Basil Rowlands began his ministry in at... Read More

Knighton – Our Lady of Perpetual Succour and St Nicholas

Built in 1974 from designs by Thomas Price, the building is outwardly plain but has a carefully-planned and pleasant... Read More

Lampeter – Our Lady of Mount Carmel

The church was built in the late 1930s under the auspices of Fr Malachy Lynch, then head of the Carmelite community at... Read More

Llandeilo – St David

A small hipped-roofed building in a vaguely neo-Georgian style, built in 1938 as a telephone exchange and converted to... Read More

1 2 3 4 5