Shrewsbury

The Diocese of Shrewsbury was founded in 1850, and encompasses the counties of Cheshire and Shropshire (and parts of Derbyshire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester). The cathedral is in Shrewsbury, and is dedicated to Our Lady Help of Christians and St Peter Alcantara. 114 churches were visited for Taking Stock (2012).

Winsford – St Joseph

A large functional building of the 1970s, by a well-known firm but not not of special architectural or historic... Read More

Wythenshawe – St Aidan

A striking, unusual design combining blunt Art Deco forms with Romanesque details. The interior has high quality... Read More

Wythenshawe (Baguley) – Sacred Heart and St Peter

A functional building capable of providing a range of facilities, but lacking special architectural or historic... Read More

Wythenshawe (Northenden) – St Hilda (and St Aidan)

A design and build project which is nevertheless an attractive design, with the interior spaces handled well. In 1901... Read More

Wythenshawe (Peel Hall) – St Elizabeth

A flexible building with a dignified interior but without special architectural or historic interest. Wythenshawe was... Read More

Wythenshawe (Woodhouse Park) – St Anthony

An imposing and monumental building by an architect of note. The church has a rich, little-altered interior with strong... Read More

1 8 9 10