Westminster

The Archdiocese of Westminster has 215 churches (as of 2013). The cathedral is in London and is dedicated to the Precious Blood. The Diocese of Westminster was founded on 29 September 1850. The diocese covers the Greater London boroughs north of the Thames and west of Waltham Forest and Newham, plus the districts of Staines and Sunbury-on-Thames, and the county of Hertfordshire.

Ruislip South – St Gregory the Great

A suburban church of both historical and architectural significance. St Gregory’s is one of the first churches in... Read More

Sawbridgeworth – Most Holy Redeemer

A former cinema of 1914, acquired for use as a Catholic church in the 1950s, and much altered. 1940 saw the... Read More

Shenley – The Good Shepherd

A design and build church of 1976, not of special architectural or historical interest. Shenley was created as a... Read More

Shepherd’s Bush – The Holy Ghost and St Stephen

A red-brick Edwardian suburban church in the Gothic style of around 1300. It is well-proportioned and has a good,... Read More

Shepperton – St John Fisher

A mid-1960s brick church for a suburban area, with a laminated timber portal frame and on a conventional longitudinal... Read More

Soho – St Patrick

A red brick Italianate church built at the end of the nineteenth century from designs by John Kelly. It replaced, and... Read More

Somers Town – St Aloysius

A church of the mid-1960s which replaced one of the earliest churches of the Catholic Revival in London.  The modern... Read More

Southall – St Anselm

A late 1960s urban church which displays an interesting marriage of traditional planning with a sanctuary-focused... Read More

Spanish Place – St James

The successor church to the Spanish Embassy chapel by Bonomi was built by his great-grandson, Edward Goldie, following... Read More

St Albans – St Alban and St Stephen

A large Italian Basilican design of the early twentieth-century, completed broadly along the lines of the original... Read More

St Albans South – St Bartholomew

A good design of the early 1960s, built shortly before the Second Vatican Council on a pentagonal plan and containing... Read More

St Charles Square – St Pius X

The church was originally built as the chapel of St Charles’s Teacher Training College, itself housed in the... Read More

1 12 13 14 15 16 18