Westminster

The Archdiocese of Westminster has 215 churches (as of 2013). The cathedral is in London and is dedicated to the Precious Blood. The Diocese of Westminster was founded on 29 September 1850. The diocese covers the Greater London boroughs north of the Thames and west of Waltham Forest and Newham, plus the districts of Staines and Sunbury-on-Thames, and the county of Hertfordshire.

Sudbury – St George

A stately English Perpendicular Gothic design of the 1920s, with some furnishings of note. The design sought to... Read More

Sunbury-on-Thames – St Ignatius of Loyola

A fairly small Victorian Gothic Revival church in the Early English style by C. A. Buckler. Internal fittings of note... Read More

Swiss Cottage – St Thomas More

A boldly-handled design of the late 1960s by Gerard Goalen, built in the back garden of the former house of the... Read More

Teddington – The Sacred Heart

A characteristic red brick church of the 1890s by John Kelly, seamlessly extended in the 1930s, in a loose... Read More

Tollington Park – St Mellitus

A large and imposing classical church, built as the New Court Congregational Church. The pedimented Corinthian portico... Read More

Tottenham – St Francis de Sales

The Tottenham mission was established in 1793 by an émigré French clergyman. The present church is a simple turn of... Read More

Tower Hill – The English Martyrs

A late town church by Edward Welby Pugin, completed after his death by his younger brothers. The establishment of this... Read More

Tring – Corpus Christi

In effect a new church, incorporating the footprint and some fabric from the predecessor church. This is a... Read More

Twickenham – St James

A modest Gothic Revival church in the Early English style, designed by the Catholic architect J. S. Hansom, son of the... Read More

Ukrainian Cathedral – The Holy Family in Exile

In the early 1880s, a small Congregational community based at Robert Street (now Weighhouse Street) was looking for a... Read More

Underwood Road – St Anne

A large and impressive early Gothic Revival design by Gilbert Blount, for the Marist Fathers. Ambitious early plans... Read More

Uxbridge – Our Lady of Lourdes and Saint Michael

An inter-war brick church by the prolific Catholic architect, T. H. B. Scott, in his characteristic, stripped,... Read More

1 14 15 16 17 18