Westminster

The Archdiocese of Westminster has 215 churches (as of 2013). The cathedral is in London and is dedicated to the Precious Blood. The Diocese of Westminster was founded on 29 September 1850. The diocese covers the Greater London boroughs north of the Thames and west of Waltham Forest and Newham, plus the districts of Staines and Sunbury-on-Thames, and the county of Hertfordshire.

Ely Place – St Etheldreda

A rare and important survival in London of a late thirteenth-century chapel, consisting of an upper and lower church,... Read More

Enfield – Our Lady of Mount Carmel and St George

A substantial 1950s church in the Early Christian Romanesque style, with a handsome interior. A mission was... Read More

Enfield (chapel of ease) – Our Lady of Walsingham

A functional and economical combined church and hall, built to serve an area of modern housing. St Joseph’s Home... Read More

Farm Street – The Immaculate Conception

One of the major Catholic buildings of the Gothic Revival, built in 1844–46 by J. J. Scoles as the central London... Read More

Feltham – St Lawrence

A well-designed inter-war brick church by T. H. B. Scott, in the free Romanesque style so popular for Catholic... Read More

Finchley Church End – St Philip the Apostle

An interwar church in the Romanesque style favoured by its architect, T.H.B. Scott, completed after the war in the... Read More

Finchley East – St Mary

A functional but carefully-designed post-war church with a concrete portal frame. In the nineteenth century East... Read More

Finchley North – St Alban

An Edwardian church in the Perpendicular Gothic style, with some elaborate carved detail on the west face of the... Read More

Fulham (Fulham 1) – St Thomas of Canterbury

An early Victorian church by A. W. N. Pugin, his only complete parish church in London and one his last three major... Read More

Fulham (Fulham 2, Stephendale Road) – Our Lady of Perpetual Help

A brick-built inter-war church in an economical round-arched style, with a pleasing, light and welcoming interior. The... Read More

Fulham Road – Our Lady of Dolours

A large Early English Gothic design by J. A. Hansom for the Servite Friars, with a modest street presence and a tall,... Read More

Garston – Our Lady and St Michael

A late 1950s church built with a conventional longitudinal plan, typical of Catholic churches of the time. An original... Read More

1 3 4 5 6 7 18