The Diocese of Birmingham was created in 1850, becoming an Archdiocese in 1911. It is the Metropolitan diocese in the Province of Birmingham. The cathedral is in Birmingham and is dedicated to St Chad. The Archdiocese covers parts or all of the counties/administrative areas of Oxfordshire and Berkshire (north of the River Thames), Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands and Worcestershire. It has 224 parishes (as of 2015), some with more than one church; 263 churches were visited for Taking Stock.
A plain but dignified late essay in the modern basilican style by Sandy & Norris. The parish was formed in 1956,... Read More
An interwar basilican design by George Drysdale, externally unremarkable but with an extraordinarily rich interior of... Read More
A large and imposing traditional post-war design and late work by Adrian Gilbert Scott, occupying a prominent location... Read More