Clifton

The Diocese of Clifton has 123 churches (as of 2016). The cathedral is in Clifton, Bristol, and is dedicated to SS Peter and Paul. The Diocese of Clifton was founded on 29 September 1850. It covers the counties of Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Somerset, and includes the major centres of Bath, Bristol, and Swindon. It is a suffragan diocese of the Archdiocese of Birmingham in the Province of Birmingham.

Tilsbury – The Sacred Heart

A modest Gothic church of the 1890s designed by Canon A. J. C. Scoles and largely paid for by the Arundell family of... Read More

Trowbridge – St John the Baptist

An early church by A. J. C. Scoles, and unusually for him in Decorated Gothic style. Originally built in part to serve... Read More

Tuffley – English Martyrs

A modern, functional steel-framed church with a pleasant, welcoming interior. A reredos panel by the Hardman firm... Read More

Wardour – All Saints

An important, substantial and little-altered eighteenth-century private chapel. It was built discreetly within one of... Read More

Wellington- St John Fisher

A row of Tudor Revival almshouses of 1833, converted into a church and presbytery in the 1930s. Further extended to... Read More

Wells – St Joseph and St Teresa

A small church built from designs by Charles Hansom for a Carmelite convent. The slightly later nuns’ choir area was... Read More

Westbury – St Bernadette

A small late-1930s church in a simplified Romanesque style. The building has been modernised internally and adapted to... Read More

Westbury-on-Trym – Sacred Heart

A simple modern Romanesque design, built on the eve of the outbreak of World War II, which has been internally... Read More

Weston-Super-Mare – Corpus Christi

An interwar church in Byzantine-basilican style, with an impressive brick interior and a stone-faced west elevation.... Read More

Weston-Super-Mare – Our Lady of Lourdes

An interwar design in free Gothic style by Roberts & Willman, with a wide and light interior with reinforced concrete... Read More

Weston-Super-Mare – St Joseph

A small church of the 1850s in early Gothic style by Charles Hansom, built under the patronage of Joseph Ruscombe... Read More

Whaddon – Holy Family

A small former Methodist chapel of the 1880s, acquired and adapted for Catholic use in 1990. The exterior has some... Read More

1 7 8 9 10