Clifton

The Diocese of Clifton has 123 churches (as of 2016). The cathedral is in Clifton, Bristol, and is dedicated to SS Peter and Paul. The Diocese of Clifton was founded on 29 September 1850. It covers the counties of Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Somerset, and includes the major centres of Bath, Bristol, and Swindon. It is a suffragan diocese of the Archdiocese of Birmingham in the Province of Birmingham.

Stonehouse – St Joseph

A broadly fan-shaped design of the mid-1960s, displaying the influence of Coventry Cathedral but also embodying ideas... Read More

Stow-on-the-Wold – Our Lady and St Kenelm

A small and plain 1830s Tudor-style building which was originally a Church of England school with school house.... Read More

Stroud – Immaculate Conception

A large Gothic Revival church of the 1850s in a Geometrical style of c.1300 by a well-known Catholic architect. It has... Read More

Swindon – Holy Family

A post-Vatican II church built to serve a suburban housing estate, square on plan and with a central altar lit by a... Read More

Swindon – Holy Rood

A Decorated Gothic design of the early twentieth century by E. Doran Webb, nicely detailed in flint and stone, with a... Read More

Swindon – St Mary

One of three identical designs produced for churches in the Swindon area in a climate of post-war austerity, and the... Read More

Swindon – St Peter

A 1980s church built to a longitudinal plan, with the top-lit altar placed along the long axis. The utilitarian design... Read More

Taunton – St George

A fine, large urban church in Decorated Gothic style, with a prominent and slightly later tower. The stately interior... Read More

Taunton – St Teresa of Lisieux

A striking and unusual modern-traditional design, combining Scandinavian and neo-Georgian elements, built to serve a... Read More

Tetbury – St Michael

A small stone-built chapel, originally built for the Strict Baptists in 1872 and acquired for Catholic use in 1941.... Read More

Tewkesbury – St Joseph

A modest church occupying a 1930s former telephone exchange. The conversion was undertaken in 1977 and a narthex added... Read More

Thornbury – Christ the King

A modern design of 1962-4, incorporating later slab glass made at Prinknash Abbey. The church has been extended. It... Read More

1 6 7 8 9 10