Nottingham

The Diocese of Nottingham has 141 churches (as of 2011). The cathedral is in Nottingham and is dedicated to St Barnabas. The diocese was founded in 1850 and encompasses the counties of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Rutland. It is a suffragan diocese in Province of Westminster, and is subject to the Archdiocese of Westminster.

Grimsby – St John Fisher (Chapel of Ease)

A modern parish hall-type structure, not of architectural or historical significance. No historical information... Read More

Grimsby – St Mary on the Sea

A late Gothic Revival church by the Sheffield firm of M.E. Hadfield and Son.  The church was built with financial... Read More

Grimsby – St Pius X

A handsome brick church in the modern Romanesque style, serving a post-war housing estate. The broad west tower is a... Read More

Hadfield, Glossop – St Charles Borromeo

A good example of the robust Gothic Revival churches designed by the Sheffield firm Weightman, Hadfield and Goldie.... Read More

Hassop – All Saints

All Saints is a building of exceptional architectural and historic importance as an early 19th century Catholic Chapel... Read More

Hinkley – St Peter

Hinckley can claim to be the oldest parish in the Diocese of Nottingham. The mission was established in 1759 by Fr... Read More

Holbeach – Holy Trinity (served from Spalding)

A typical 1960s small portal framed brick church. Thoroughly functional but architecturally not distinguished. In... Read More

Hucknall – Holy Cross

An unremarkable brick and concrete portal frame church of the late 1950s, which is however notable for some fine... Read More

Hyson Green – St Mary (Chapel of Ease)

A late Gothic Revival brick town church of 1910, one of several in the Diocese  built  by  the  Leicester... Read More

Ilkeston – Our Lady at St Thomas of Hereford

A striking and idiosyncratic Gothic design of the interwar period, old fashioned for its date, but nevertheless of... Read More

Immingham – Our Lady Star of the Sea

A modern, utilitarian design which appears to have been designed as a parish hall. Immingham is of medieval... Read More

Keyworth – St Margaret Clitherow

A utilitarian post-war structure, not of special interest. Keyworth lies about six miles southeast of Nottingham... Read More

1 3 4 5 6 7 12