Clifton

The Diocese of Clifton has 123 churches (as of 2016). The cathedral is in Clifton, Bristol, and is dedicated to SS Peter and Paul. The Diocese of Clifton was founded on 29 September 1850. It covers the counties of Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Somerset, and includes the major centres of Bath, Bristol, and Swindon. It is a suffragan diocese of the Archdiocese of Birmingham in the Province of Birmingham.

Frenchay, Bristol – St John Fisher

A functional church-hall of the 1950s, of no architectural or historical significance but on a large site within a... Read More

Frome – St Catherine

A 1960s church with a low and inconspicuous exterior, faced with concrete blocks. The interior is more welcoming, its... Read More

Glastonbury – Our Lady St Mary of Glastonbury

A Gothic Revival design built at the onset of the Second World War on a site opposite the medieval Abbey, as a... Read More

Gloucester – St Peter

A large, impressive mid-Victorian town church in Decorated Gothic style, one of the most notable works of an important... Read More

Henbury, Bristol – St Antony

A very functional post-war design, not of architectural or historic interest but containing some imported furnishings... Read More

Ilminster – St Joseph

A small post-war chapel of ease, of fairly functional design. From 1942, Mass was said at Ilminster in the Red... Read More

Keynsham – St Dunstan

A plain modern Romanesque design of the interwar years, with Art Deco touches, by Roberts & Willman of Taunton.... Read More

Lavington – St Joseph

The church was built as a Wesleyan Methodist memorial chapel in 1900 in the free Gothic style popular for chapels at... Read More

Lawrence Weston, Bristol – Our Lady of the Rosary

An economical design of the early 1950s, its Italianate bell tower a local landmark. The church complex is located... Read More

Lydney – St Joseph

A modest, functional brick church of the 1970s with laminated roof trusses, on a large and prominent site. Before... Read More

Malmesbury – St Aldhelm

A simple Gothic design of 1875, with a charming and characterful interior containing some furnishings of note. The... Read More

Marlborough – St Thomas More

A small and functional reinforced concrete-framed, brick-clad design of the late 1950s, with some furnishings of... Read More

1 3 4 5 6 7 10