Clifton

The Diocese of Clifton has 123 churches (as of 2016). The cathedral is in Clifton, Bristol, and is dedicated to SS Peter and Paul. The Diocese of Clifton was founded on 29 September 1850. It covers the counties of Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Somerset, and includes the major centres of Bath, Bristol, and Swindon. It is a suffragan diocese of the Archdiocese of Birmingham in the Province of Birmingham.

Clevedon – The Immaculate Conception

A large neo-Gothic church built by a group of French Franciscans who founded the mission. It was designed by the... Read More

Clifton, Bristol – Cathedral Church of St Peter and St Paul

The cathedral church of the diocese, and the first to be conceived and built in England after the Second Vatican... Read More

Coleford – St Margaret Mary

A small, aisleless brick church of the early 1930s, of functional, hall-like character. Until the... Read More

Corsham – St Patrick

The church began life as a mid-Victorian school, commissioned by Lord Methuen of Corsham Court and designed by H. E... Read More

Cricklade – St Mary

A medieval parish church declared redundant in 1981 and returned to Catholic use in 1984 on a ninety-nine year lease.... Read More

Devizes – Immaculate Conception

A small church of two periods, designed by two well-known Catholic architects - Charles Hansom and Canon Scoles -... Read More

Downton – Good Shepherd and Our Blessed Lady Queen of Angels

Built under post-war restrictions, the church is a utilitarian structure of little architectural interest. Associations... Read More

Dulverton – St Stanislas

A small brick and timber-framed church, converted in 1955 from a disused agricultural building. The building is more... Read More

Dursley – St Dominic

A brick church in a simple round-arched style, one of several similar designs in the diocese built shortly before the... Read More

Fairford – St Thomas of Canterbury

A simple, attractive example of a Puginian Gothic rural church, built in a lancet style in the 1840s and witness to... Read More

Filton, Bristol – St Teresa

A late (1960) traditional basilican design, of high townscape quality and with an atmospheric interior retaining good... Read More

Fishponds, Bristol – St Joseph

A late Gothic Revival design of the 1920s by the local architect Sir Frank Wills. The design is old-fashioned for its... Read More

1 2 3 4 5 6 10