Clifton

The Diocese of Clifton has 123 churches (as of 2016). The cathedral is in Clifton, Bristol, and is dedicated to SS Peter and Paul. The Diocese of Clifton was founded on 29 September 1850. It covers the counties of Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Somerset, and includes the major centres of Bath, Bristol, and Swindon. It is a suffragan diocese of the Archdiocese of Birmingham in the Province of Birmingham.

Bristol (Knowle) – St Gerard Majella

A prominent and well-detailed church built by Pugin & Pugin for the Benedictines in 1909, with high quality... Read More

Bristol (Lawrence Weston) – Our Lady of the Rosary

An economical design of the early 1950s, its Italianate bell tower a local landmark. The church complex is located... Read More

Bristol (Patchway) – Holy Family

A church of the time of the Second Vatican Council, modern in construction but conventional in plan. It occupies a... Read More

Bristol (Redfield) – St Patrick

A church of the 1990s, not architecturally distinguished, but with a truly remarkable interior, an amalgam... Read More

Bristol (Shirehampton) – St Bernard

A flint Gothic church of the early twentieth century, extended (but not completed) in contextual style between the... Read More

Bristol (Southmead) – St Vincent de Paul

A plain post-war design, occupying a prominent position in the top corner in the open space of Glencoyne Square and... Read More

Bristol (Whitchurch) – St Bernadette

A 1960s church of highly distinctive construction and design, with a double hyperbolic paraboloid roof evoking the form... Read More

Bristol (Withywood) – St Pius X

A modern structure, fit for purpose and with a warm, welcoming interior, serving a housing estate and the wider rural... Read More

Brockworth – St Patrick

A large church, square on plan, built for a new residential area shortly after the Second Vatican Council, and... Read More

Burnham-on-Sea – Our Lady and the English Martyrs

A well-designed post-Vatican II church on an oval plan lit by an oval lantern. The rock-faced exterior has a rather... Read More

Calne – St Edmund

A functional 1960s structure with a laminated timber frame, housing a good collection of modern liturgical furnishings... Read More

Chard – English Martyrs

A small, late Gothic Revival church and presbytery, built in the interwar years from designs by Sir Frank Wills, a... Read More

1 2 3 4 5 10