Nottingham

The Diocese of Nottingham has 141 churches (as of 2011). The cathedral is in Nottingham and is dedicated to St Barnabas. The diocese was founded in 1850 and encompasses the counties of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Rutland. It is a suffragan diocese in Province of Westminster, and is subject to the Archdiocese of Westminster.

Old Glossop – All Saints

A good example of a late Georgian church, built in 1836 in Greek Revival style. Paid for by the 12th  Duke of... Read More

Old Normanton – St George and All Soldier Saints

A handsome Italianate design by J.S. Brocklesby, built shortly after the end of the First World War. Structural... Read More

Osgodby – Our Lady and St Joseph (Chapel of Ease)

The oldest surviving church in use in the Diocese.  A small and evocative house and chapel built soon after the... Read More

Our Lady of Lincoln and St Guthlac (Chapel of Ease) – Deeping St James

An  interesting  design  of  the  1960s,  somewhat  compromised  by  the filling  in  of  the  porch.... Read More

Radcliffe-on-Trent – St Anne

A modest structure built as a church hall, which has been altered and adapted over the years. The church was built... Read More

Rainworth – St George

A  portal  framed  structure  of  1960,  not  of  special  architectural  or historic importance. A Mass... Read More

Ripley – St Joseph

A building of 1928, adopting a traditional form, loosely Italianate with some Gothic detail. The church has character... Read More

Rothley – The Sacred Heart (Chapel of Ease)

A modest brick chapel of the 1920s, one of a large number built in the Diocese by the Leicester builder F.J.... Read More

Scraptoft – The Rosary Church (Chapel of Ease)

A building of modest architectural interest erected in the 1950s to serve the needs of the new Nether Hall housing... Read More

Scunthorpe – Holy Souls

A handsome early 20th  Gothic church by Edmund Kirby & Sons, their only church in the Diocese of Nottingham, and... Read More

Scunthorpe – St Bernadette

A    polygonal    church    design    of    1980;    fit    for    purpose    but    not... Read More

Shirebrook – St Joseph

A red brick Gothic Revival church of the early  20th   century, built to serve an expanding mining town. The... Read More

1 8 9 10 11 12