Nottingham

The Diocese of Nottingham has 141 churches (as of 2011). The cathedral is in Nottingham and is dedicated to St Barnabas. The diocese was founded in 1850 and encompasses the counties of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Rutland. It is a suffragan diocese in Province of Westminster, and is subject to the Archdiocese of Westminster.

Sileby – St Gregory

A modest Victorian brick Gothic chapel, of some architectural interest for the vigorous brickwork of the... Read More

Sinfin, Derby – Holy Spirit (Chapel of Ease)

A  modern  prefabricated  structure,  of  little  or  no  architectural  or historic interest. The... Read More

Skegness – Sacred Heart

A  simple  functional  design  of  1950,  of  no  special  architectural  or historical interest. The... Read More

Sleaford – Our Lady of Good Counsel

An idiosyncratic Victorian Gothic church by a little-known local architect which with its adjoining presbytery forms a... Read More

Sneinton – St Bernadette

This Chapel of Ease is located in a modern school building, and is not of architectural or historic interest. St... Read More

South Wigston – St Mary

The original modest early 20th century church was built to cater for the working population of Wigston, an industrial... Read More

Southwell – Our Lady of Victories

A  laminated  portal  frame  church  of  the  early  1960s  in  the  modern Gothic  style  then ... Read More

Spalding – Immaculate Conception and St Norbert

A recent church of contemporary and functional design, incorporating some furnishings from the previous (M.E. Hadfield... Read More

Spilsby – Our Lady and the English Martyrs (Chapel of Ease)

An early 20th century Gothic style brick church, of townscape value and interesting for its use of terracotta... Read More

St Ann’s, Nottingham – Our Lady and St Edward

The rather unprepossessing exterior of the church contrasts with the reposeful and attractive plain Gothic character... Read More

Stamford – St Mary and St Augustine

An idiosyncratic High Victorian church by the eminent Roman Catholic architect, George Goldie, built of stone in a... Read More

Stapleford – St John the Evangelist

A utilitarian brick design of the early 1950s, in the stripped basilican style popular at that time. An intended tower... Read More

1 9 10 11 12