Portsmouth

The Diocese of Portsmouth has 116 churches (as of 2007). The cathedral is in Portsmouth and is dedicated to St John the Evangelist. The Diocese of Portsmouth encompasses the counties of Hampshire, Berkshire (south of the Thames), Oxfordshire (south of the Thames), Dorset (the Bournemouth area), the Isle of Wight and the Channel Islands.

Maidenhead – St Elizabeth

The church is a modest building, erected to accommodate the needs of Catholics in the area north of Maidenhead. It is... Read More

Maidenhead – St Joseph

Leonard Stokes (1858-1925) was a highly talented Catholic architect who undertook many commissions for his Church. He... Read More

Milford – St Francis of Assisi

The church has some local historic interest for its original function as the Village Institute, but is not a building... Read More

Netley Abbey – The Annunciation

The church is a modest structure intended as a hall. The Catholic Mission at Netley is associated with the... Read More

New Milton – Our Lady of Lourdes

The church is an interesting late Gothic Revival church, drawing upon regional traditions in the design and materials.... Read More

Newbury – St Francis de Sales

The church is of some architectural and historic interest, being converted from a nineteenth century barn and farm... Read More

Newbury – St Joseph

Ambitious town church in Italo-Byzantine style by W.C. Mangan, the design and layout clearly showing the influence of... Read More

Newport – St Thomas of Canterbury

St Thomas of Canterbury is not only a fine example of a Georgian church with a complete galleried interior, largely... Read More

North Hinksey – Holy Rood

Holy Rood has been described as ‘a landmark in English Catholic ecclesiology’. Built soon after, and evidently... Read More

North Hinksey – Our Lady

Post-war church. Building of the church began in 1953, on a plot of land acquired ten years earlier. The church... Read More

North Hinksey – The Good Shepherd

Post-war church. In 1958 Fr Crozier acquired the site of the present church, then occupied by two buildings used... Read More

Pangbourne – Our Lady and St Bernadette

Small 1950s church of some period charm. The church was opened in 1958. It was built to the designs of Lewis E... Read More

1 3 4 5 6 7 10