Southwark

The Archdiocese of Southwark has 181 churches (as of 2009). The cathedral is in Southwark, London, and is dedicated to St George. The Diocese of Southwarkwas founded in 1850, being elevated to become an archdiocese in 1965. It encompasses the areas of the London Boroughs south of the River Thames, the whole county of Kent and the Medway unitary authority.

Eythorne (chape of ease) – Our Lady of the Holy Apostles

A   very   modest   church   in   a   converted   late   Georgian   agricultural building. The... Read More

Farnborough – St Michael and All Angels

A large modern church of the early 1960s, dating from the time of the Second  Vatican  Council,  but  conventional... Read More

Faversham – Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Part of a complex of buildings of different date. The church was built in the 1860s as a Quaker schoolroom, with the... Read More

Folkestone – Our Lady Help of Christians and St Aloysius

A striking and inventive church by Leonard Stokes, one of the most original Catholic architects of the late Victorian... Read More

Folkestone (west) – St Joseph

A modest suburban church of the early 1930s, but designed in a robust and personal version of the Gothic style which... Read More

Forest Hill – St William of York

A simple Italianate church, one of a number built in the Diocese in the early years of the 20th  century under the... Read More

Gillingham – Our Lady of Gillingham

A plain mission-style Gothic Revival church of 1896, with some later extensions. It retains most of its original... Read More

Goudhurst – Sacred Heart

A modest late Victorian church, originally built as a school. The church is built of brick with a tiled roof. It... Read More

Gravesend – St John the Evangelist

An early Gothic Revival church, with a wide and spacious interior, built in 1834 by William Jenkins Junior as an... Read More

Gravesend – St Mary (chapel of ease)

A small medieval chapel which was originally the manor chapel and later   the   parish   church   of ... Read More

Greenwich – Our Lady Star of the Sea

A Gothic Revival church by William W. Wardell of c.1846–1851, which catered for a congregation which included Royal... Read More

Hadlow – St Peter

A modest Victorian former Nonconformist chapel latterly acquired for Roman Catholic use. St Peter’s Church was... Read More

1 5 6 7 8 9 18