The Diocese of Birmingham was created in 1850, becoming an Archdiocese in 1911. It is the Metropolitan diocese in the Province of Birmingham. The cathedral is in Birmingham and is dedicated to St Chad. The Archdiocese covers parts or all of the counties/administrative areas of Oxfordshire and Berkshire (north of the River Thames), Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands and Worcestershire. It has 224 parishes (as of 2015), some with more than one church; 263 churches were visited for Taking Stock.
A traditional longitudinal-planned church of the early 1960s, much altered in 2000. The attached parish hall is... Read More
A well-detailed and little-altered neo-Georgian design of the 1930s (an unusual choice of style for a Catholic church),... Read More
A fine and substantial interwar Gothic design by G. B. Cox, built in two stages, and intended from the outset as a war... Read More