The Diocese of Clifton was founded on 29 September 1850. It covers the counties of Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Somerset, and includes the major centres of Bath, Bristol, and Swindon. It is a suffragan diocese of the Archdiocese of Birmingham in the Province of Birmingham. The cathedral is in Clifton, Bristol, and is dedicated to St Peter and St Paul. 121 churches were visited for Taking Stock (2016).
A small, low-key chapel of the 1960s, the street elevation faced in stone to blend with the university chaplaincy, to... Read More
A simple prefabricated building, originally built in the 1950s as a hut for the cadet force of the adjacent Catholic... Read More
A functional brick design of the late 1930s, originally intended to become a school assembly hall. A... Read More