The Diocese of Middlesbrough was founded on 20 December 1878 out of the Diocese of Beverley. It consists of the boroughs of Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland, Stockton-on-Tees (south of the river), the cities of Kingston-upon-Hull and York, East Yorkshire and most of North Yorkshire. The cathedral is in Coulby Newham, Middlesbrough, and is dedicated to St Mary. 89 churches were visited for Taking Stock (2008).
The significance of this building lies less in the architectural qualities of the chapel, which are modest, and more in... Read More