Plymouth

The Diocese of Plymouth has 103 churches (as of 2009). The cathedral is in Plymouth and is dedicated to St Mary and St Boniface. The Diocese of Plymouth was founded on 29 September 1850. It contains the counties of Dorset, Devon and Cornwall, along with the Isles of Scilly. It is a suffragan diocese in Province of Southwark, and is subject to the Archdiocese of Southwark.

Teignmouth – Our Lady and St Patrick

Good and complete Gothic Revival church by Charles Hansom, architect of Plymouth Cathedral, perhaps somewhat... Read More

Tintagel – St Paul the Apostle

Plain late 1960s church, notable above all for a good collection of dalle de verre glass by Dom Charles Norris... Read More

Tiverton – St James

The first Catholic church in Tiverton dates from 1836, and is of considerable interest. That however has now closed.... Read More

Torpoint – St Joan of Arc

Modest interwar church of no architectural importance but with a claim to be the first church in England dedicated to... Read More

Torquay – Holy Angels

A small church, the main interest of which lies in the elaborate architectural elements, such as the main door... Read More

Torquay – Our Lady Help of Christians and St Denis

A splendid large church on a prominent site, designed by the distinguished Catholic architect Joseph Hansom, who also... Read More

Torquay – Our Lady of the Assumption

Rigorous and conventional Gothic Revival design by Joseph Hansom, with a good set of stained glass windows by Hardman.... Read More

Totnes – St Mary and St George

A functional modern building incorporating some items from the 1902 church it replaced The parish was founded when... Read More

Truro – Our Lady of the Portal and St Piran

A dramatic, even Brutalist design of the early 1970s, the last and the best of three churches built in the Diocese by... Read More

Wadebridge – St Michael

Functional post-war building of no architectural or historical interest close to Wadebridge town centre. From... Read More

Wareham – St Edward the Martyr

A modest inter-war building of no architectural or artistic significance. In 1888 a Community of Passionists... Read More

West Moors – St Anthony

A typical church by Lanner Ltd. ofWakefieldwho built straightforward functional churches in the Post-War period. Fit... Read More

1 6 7 8 9