The Diocese of Shrewsbury was founded in 1850, and encompasses the counties of Cheshire and Shropshire (and parts of Derbyshire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester). The cathedral is in Shrewsbury, and is dedicated to Our Lady Help of Christians and St Peter Alcantara. 114 churches were visited for Taking Stock (2012).
A lofty and imposing urban church designed by Edmund Kirby with a bold outline and a powerful west front. The form of... Read More