The Diocese of Shrewsbury was founded in 1850, and encompasses the counties of Cheshire and Shropshire (and parts of Derbyshire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester). The cathedral is in Shrewsbury, and is dedicated to Our Lady Help of Christians and St Peter Alcantara. 114 churches were visited for Taking Stock (2012).
A striking Edwardian town church by the Liverpool architect Edmund Kirby. The bold red brick and terracotta exterior is... Read More