The Diocese of Shrewsbury has 114 churches (as of 2012). The cathedral is in Shrewsbury, and is dedicated to Our Lady Help of Christians and St Peter Alcantara. The Diocese of Southwarkwas founded in 1850, and encompasses the counties of Cheshire and Shropshire (and parts of Derbyshire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester).
The Cathedral church of the Diocese, built from designs by E.W. Pugin, under the patronage of the Seventeenth Earl of... Read More