The Diocese of Shrewsbury was founded in 1850, and encompasses the counties of Cheshire and Shropshire (and parts of Derbyshire, Merseyside and Greater Manchester). The cathedral is in Shrewsbury, and is dedicated to Our Lady Help of Christians and St Peter Alcantara. 114 churches were visited for Taking Stock (2012).
A good design of 1886 by Edmund Kirby, notable for its rich sanctuary furnishings, donated by the Clifford family. The... Read More