Lancaster

The Diocese of Lancaster has 137 churches (as of 2005). The cathedral is in Lancaster and is dedicated to St Peter. The Diocese of Lancaster was founded on 22 November 1924. It consists of the historic counties of Lancashire north  of  the  Ribble  and  the counties of Cumberland and Westmoreland. It is a suffragan diocese in Province of Liverpool, and is subject to the Archdiocese of Liverpool.

Frizington – St Joseph

Simple-mission style church of the 1890s. Part of the Benedictine mission in West Cumberland. Frs. Brierley and... Read More

Galgate – St Joseph

Stone built former school building which makes a positive contribution to the local streetscape. A former school... Read More

Garstang – St Mary and St Michael

Good  stone  built  gothic  church  and  presbytery,  by  the  architect  of  Lancaster Cathedral, with a... Read More

Grange-over-Sands – St Charles Borromeo

Compact stone-built church in Early English style in the heart of this attractive seaside town.  The original... Read More

Grasmere – Our Lady of the Wayside

An attractive, traditional design built in sympathetic local materials. The architect was a prolific designer of... Read More

Great Eccleston – St Mary

The interior is if interest as a later and relatively unaltered example of a post-Relief Act chapel-style building.... Read More

Halton – St Robert Bellarmine

Of interest primarily as a surviving vernacular building. An early-mid C19 stone barn converted to a church late... Read More

Hambleton – St Francis of Assisi

Modern structure, not of architectural or historic interest. Built in 1979.Breezeblock and render under a concrete... Read More

Harrington – St Mary

Late nineteenth century Gothic revival church, forming a good group with the contemporary presbytery and school.... Read More

Hornby – St Mary

Modest building of 1820, hidden behind a handsome Georgian presbytery. Of particular historical interest for its... Read More

Kendal – Holy Trinity and St George

A fine example of pre-ecclesiological gothic revival architecture by a locally- renowned architect. The present... Read More

Keswick – Our Lady and St Charles

A large church, solidly built of vernacular materials. Its finished appearance was partly dictated by earlier, 1928... Read More

1 3 4 5 6 7 10